(Correct Answer) HIST405N Week 7 Discussion: American Foreign Policy during the Cold War
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Sections 28.2, 29.1, 30.3, 31.3
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Pick three (3) of the following American Foreign policies:
- Marshall Plan
- Berlin Airlift
- Anti-Communist Freedom Fighters
- Vietnam (conflict) War
- SALT I & SALT II
- Camp David Accords
- Strategic Defense Initiative (nicknamed “Star Wars”)
Then, address the following for your selections:
- Explain how each of your choices was an effective policy to thwart international communist expansion.
- Based on your selections, analyze if the United States should have feared international communist subversion during the Cold War era (1945-1991).
Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different groups, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same groups, build on their posts by providing additional information about the groups that you have not already noted in your own post.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the sample only $10.