(Correct Answer) HIST405N Week 4 Discussion 2: Reconstruction and the Compromise of 1877
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 15, 16
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions For the initial post, craft a response comparing the three (3) Reconstruction plans:
- Proclamation of Amnesty and Reconstruction (10% Plan) – Lincoln
- Andrew Johnson’s Reconstruction Plan
- Congressional Reconstruction Plan (Congress)
Then, address one (1) of the following for your selections:
- Analyze if the South should have been treated as a defeated nation or as rebellious states.
- Explain how the American culture and society changed in the North versus the South during Reconstruction.
- Analyze the impact of the Compromise of 1877 that ended Reconstruction on African-Americans.
Follow-Up Posts Compare your selections and analysis of selections with those of your peers. If they chose different events, examine how yours are similar and/or different. If they chose the same events, build on their posts by providing additional information about the events that you have not already noted in your own post. Writing Requirements
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
Grading This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Kindly click ADD TO CART above to purchase the sample only $10.