1. Demonstrate an understanding of how to identify client needs and be able to develop appropriate research strategies for consultancy interventions
2. Appraise the importance of expert tools and techniques to a consultant
3. Evaluate the relationship between strategic management, leadership and leadership styles and principles that support organisational ethical and value based approaches to leadership
4. Evaluate the application of leadership strategies and the impact on organisational direction CRB – Professional Development.
You are a new consultant working for International Management Consultancy organisation (IMC is a fictional consultancy firm).
You are required to complete ONE consultancy project out of the choice of the employer scenarios [See the link to the “Assignment Case Studies” on Aula] which must be completed by the assignment deadline.
You must use an employer video case study from the choice available on Aula. With reference to your chosen employer scenario, produce a 3000-3500 word report which will be assessed on the following areas:
1. An analysis of the company’s strategic position 30 marks
2. A set of recommendations to address the issues identified 15 marks
3. An evidence-informed implementation strategy 25 marks
4. A reflection on key learning from the module 10 marks
Organisation/academic writing 10 marks
Referencing 10 marks
Total Out of 100
Pass mark is 40%
Please note that even if you achieve an overall mark of 40% your work will be marked as fail if:
1. You do not demonstrate that you have used analytical tools to conduct your analysis
2. You do not complete section 4 of the report
You are required to follow the IMC consultancy report structure below.
IMC Report Structure
Your report should be 3000 to 3500 words.
Section 1: An analysis of the company’s strategic position
Provide an overview of the company you have chosen.
1. Identify and apply 2 appropriate tools and techniques to analyse
A) The internal environment of the company
B) The external environment of the company
2. This analysis of the company’s strategic position should include:
a) Leadership and communication
b) The company culture including its ethical and value base
c) The company’s position in the sector
d) A critical evaluation of the strengths and limitations of the tools and techniques you have used
e) The client needs 3. Following your analysis on the company’s strategic position, identify the main issues that you could advise the company to address.
NOTE: This section refers to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 and is worth 30 marks
Section 2: Recommendations to the organisation
1. Based on your analysis in Section 1, propose 3 recommendations for the company.
2. Ensure that each recommendation is clear, has appropriate detail, is justified and is feasible in this context.
3. Recommendations should refer to the leadership and communications strategy of the company, taking account of internal and external stakeholders.
NOTE: This section refers to Learning Outcomes 1,3 and 4 and is worth 15 marks
Section 3: Implementation of Recommendations
1. Based on Section 2, explain how the company would implement the recommendations put forward to support the changes in its strategic direction.
2. This section will include analysis of the following:
a) Leadership styles – this must include reference to different leadership styles supported by theories, models and/or evidence.
b) Communicating the vision to the key stakeholders
c) Leadership strategy and the impact on organisational direction 3. This section considers the actions that should be taken by the company in order to achieve the recommendations that you have described above.
NOTE: This section refers to Learning Outcomes 3 and 4 and is worth 25 marks
Section 4: Critical Reflection
All students, particularly at postgraduate level, need to reflect critically on the learning experience.
Use either Borton’s (1970) model of reflective practice or Kolb’s (1984) Learning Cycle, to reflect on your learning experience on the CMI module, and consider how you might apply your learning and knowledge from this module to your own area of study and future career aspirations.
NOTE: this section is worth 10 marks
Remember: In this assignment you need to apply some of the tools and methods that have been referred to in the workshops and learning journeys and discuss their relevance to the client’s situation. You will gain extra marks by citing appropriate references to support your arguments throughout. You will need to provide information on how you have gathered and sourced key information for your report. • Organisation/academic writing is worth 10 marks • Referencing is worth 10 marks
Please contact us for a complete sample and/or customised paper addressing the above/similar questions.